crafting happiness

About Crafty and Bright

Have you ever dreamed of having a personal shopper for craft supplies?

If you have (or are now), you have stumbled upon the right page.

I am Katie Dunne, owner of Crafty and Bright, and an expert craft beginner. What, that doesn’t make sense? Let me explain.

I love to try new things, I love to learn new crafts, and I love to share my findings. In fact each month, I Start Something! on the blog, and I let you know what I learned from the experience, and how good (or bad) I was at it.

Spoiler alert: Usually I am bad, but I don’t let it discourage me. I keep at it, try new methods, and see if I want to continue this new skill in the future.

The saying is true, “practice makes perfect.”

The personal shopper part comes in when you decide you want to start something as well, but don’t want to go out and buy all the supplies.

I get it. I see parents all the time at the store juggling all the things in one hand, and all the kids in the other. Constantly having to say, “Don’t touch that,” or “Put that back!” is never a fun time. You would much rather have the supplies come to you, wrapped up in a pretty hand-painted box. Am I right?

When you start a new craft endeavor, you buy a bunch of stuff that you think you’ll need. Some things are useful and some things are useless. Some things only come in a pack of 12, which is annoying if you only need 1! And sometimes one store has 75% of the supplies, and then you have to get everyone back in the car to go to a new store to find the other 25%. Ugh.

 

Good thing you have a personal craft supply shopper in Crafty and Bright.

I figure out the best stuff, minimize the supply list, and then curate a kit for you.

You want to learn watercoloring? I’ve made a kit with everything a beginner needs.

How about an intro to cartooning? I’ve made that kit for you too.

These kits are great for kids and adults, but are specifically for crafting beginners who don’t have the time or energy to shop. You want a craft kit at your doorstep so you can create something fun this weekend? You got it, dude.

Save

Save

Save

About Katie

Hi there. I’m Katie Dunne, founder of Crafty and Bright. My happy place is the craft store. I can be there for hours getting inspiration, looking at all the sparkly things, or determining if I could do certain projects on the shelves, or if they should be left to the Martha Stewarts of the world.

Crafting to me is a state of mind. It gets me into a flow state like nothing else, and the end result (while often not what I pictured in my head) makes me excited.

My grandma taught me to be a button hoarder. She kept old cookie tins filled with buttons under her bed and I would go into her room and pick my favorites to make things. Since then, things have gotten a little out of hand, as my craft cabinet is full of buttons, stickers, pipe cleaners, streamers, and anything else I think might be integral to a DIY project one day.

Other influences in my life include my parents. My mom is one of the most creative people I know and she’s always ready for a crafty challenge. My dad is ever learning and sharing his knowledge with those around him.

Both of my parents encouraged art and music in our home all the time. I remember them bringing home a box of popsicle sticks, or letting us play with the screws, nuts and bolts in the toolbox and having my siblings and I create something out of nothing, using our imaginations.

These personality traits have made me who I am, and have brought me here, to Crafty and Bright. I hope to spread a little creativity your way and help you live, learn, and make stuff.